List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 29 1999 11:39am
Subject:Re: mysqladmin
View as plain text
"Roy F. Cabaniss" wrote:

> I am accessing mysql from within php...
> I am using a php form to add users to the database (and add other information
> later.)
> after a user is added I need to run mysqladmin reload to get the new user
> accepted.
>
> 1) how do I do that from within php3

execute query "flush privileges" -- this will work only on more recent
versions of MySQL ( 3.22)

> 2) how can I make it happen WITHOUT the password

The user you connect as must have the RELOAD privileges, and must
authenticate appropriately  according to your privilege system
configuration. So if you want it to happen without the password, you can
set up a user that has only RELOAD privileges and is allowed to connect
without a password.