List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 29 1999 9:58am
Subject:Re: to much fragmentation
View as plain text
Ed Carp wrote:

> > Yes. MySQL 3.22 will fragment rows if you mix a lot of deletes/inserts into
> > the same table.
> >
> > The new ISAM in MySQL 3.23 will automaticly join adjacent deleted
> > blocks and can extend blocks much better than the old ISAM.
>
> Is this why MySQL 3.22.21 eats up all my CPU when searching a 50K row
> indexed table?  Almost no deletes, but lots and lots of adds.  Is there
> something I can do about the CPU utilization?
>
> By the way, I've been attending to police duties the last couple of
> months, and haven't been active on the list, but will be more active in
> the future :)
> --
> Ed Carp, N7EKG          erc@stripped           940/367-2744 cell phone
> Owner: WeatherAlert/Digital Weatherman - NWS alerts via email/pager/Internet

Welcome back!

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
to much fragmentationDavid Johnson26 Jun
  • Re: to much fragmentationSasha Pachev27 Jun
  • Re: to much fragmentationScott Hess28 Jun
    • Re: to much fragmentationVivek Khera28 Jun
    • Re: to much fragmentationMichael Widenius29 Jun
      • Re: to much fragmentationEd Carp29 Jun
        • Re: to much fragmentationSasha Pachev29 Jun
        • Re: to much fragmentationMichael Widenius29 Jun
          • Authentication methodsRoger Smith29 Jun
            • Authentication methodsJani Tolonen1 Jul
        • Re: to much fragmentationScott Hess29 Jun
      • Re: to much fragmentationEd Carp29 Jun
        • Re: to much fragmentationMichael Widenius30 Jun
      • Re: to much fragmentationT├Ánu Samuel29 Jun
  • Re: to much fragmentationScott Hess28 Jun
Re: to much fragmentationFred Lindberg28 Jun