List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 29 1999 4:41am
Subject:MySQL and locale settings
View as plain text
>>>>> "Plamen" == Plamen Petkov <plamendp@stripped> writes:

Plamen> Hi,
Plamen> Does MySQL looks for locale environment setting ?

Sorry, no.

Plamen> I mean, if I setenv  LANG=<some-lang> may I expect 'ORDER BY' to sort
Plamen> things according to <some-lang> ?

Plamen> I know, MySQL sorts in Latin1 (ISO.... blah) by default, but does it pay
Plamen> attention to env setting ?

Plamen> Or the only way is to recompile --with-charset=<some-charset>  ???

Yes.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL and locale settingsPlamen Petkov27 Jun
  • Re: MySQL and locale settingsBenjamin Pflugmann27 Jun
  • MySQL and locale settingsMichael Widenius29 Jun