List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Goetz Date:January 7 2001 9:07pm
Subject:MySQL and BtoC E-commerce: What's a quick fix?
View as plain text

Hi, Everyone.

A friend has asked me to help her set up a web site to sell politically
motivated bumper stickers.  Although I use mysql to build database backed
web sites, I'm not really in to the whole e-commerce thing and would like
to get this site set up as quickly and with the least amount of effort
possible; this is not going to be amazon or buy.com.  My question is, does
anyone know of an open source package which will allow me to get her up
and running quickly and easily?  Alternatively, what would be the fastest
way to get such a site up given that the requirements are relatively
generic and minimal?  Of course since I already having mysql running on my
server, I would prefer to use mysql as the backend data store.

And since I'm already marginally off-topic, does anyone have any
experience with 3rd party payment systems (e.g. paypal, goo, etc.)?  Which
one presents the least amount of hassle / is easiest to work with?

Thread
MySQL and BtoC E-commerce: What's a quick fix?Patrick Goetz7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL and BtoC E-commerce: What's a quick fix?John Dean8 Jan
    • Re: MySQL and BtoC E-commerce: What's a quick fix?Jorge del Conde9 Jan
  • Re: MySQL and BtoC E-commerce: What's a quick fix?db8 Jan