List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chadd Nervig Date:January 6 2001 4:57pm
Subject:Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with A
View as plain text
Tried it, and still the exact same thing happens.Though yes, that sounds like it's the
right thing I want to happen.

> If I got you right, then SELECT * FROM newalbums WHERE fulltitle like 'A%'
> ORDER BY fulltitle;
>
> S.Einfeldt
>
> > Hiay,
> >  I've got a semi-large table, and I want to display all the entrys where the
> column "fulltitle" begins with A (or any other letter). I can't figure out how to do it. I
> can display all entrys, alphabetically,
> > pretty easily, but when I add in the part to only look for ones starting with A,
> it returns an error. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
> >
> >  My current line of code is:
> > SELECT * REGEXP 'A%' FROM newalbums ORDER BY fulltitle ASC
> >
> >  It's being used in PHP, and the error returned is:
> > Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in <pageaddress> on line 120
> >
> > I'm guessing that what it's having problems with is that it doesn't know which
> column to check for starting with A% at. Any idea how to do this?
> >
> > Thnax,
> > ~Åstro the Space Duck

> If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to
> the above address (Microsoft Outlook), you can use:

picture storing on a tableTexscene_Support6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a table(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
  • Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
    • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ASiim Einfeldt aka Itpunk6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with A(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
        • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann6 Jan
          • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with APaul DuBois7 Jan
            • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann7 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
  • ColdFusion, Mysql and odbc<LD>6 Jan
    • Re: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcMiguel Angel Sol√≥rzano6 Jan
      • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
    • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a tableDanny7 Jan