List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Siim Einfeldt aka Itpunk Date:January 6 2001 4:39pm
Subject:Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with A
View as plain text

If I got you right, then SELECT * FROM newalbums WHERE fulltitle like 'A%'
ORDER BY fulltitle;

S.Einfeldt

> Hiay,
>  I've got a semi-large table, and I want to display all the entrys where the column
> "fulltitle" begins with A (or any other letter). I can't figure out how to do it. I can
> display all entrys, alphabetically,
> pretty easily, but when I add in the part to only look for ones starting with A, it
> returns an error. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
>  My current line of code is:
> SELECT * REGEXP 'A%' FROM newalbums ORDER BY fulltitle ASC
>
>  It's being used in PHP, and the error returned is:
> Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in <pageaddress> on line 120
>
> I'm guessing that what it's having problems with is that it doesn't know which column
> to check for starting with A% at. Any idea how to do this?
>
> Thnax,
> ~─╣stro the Space Duck

Thread
picture storing on a tableTexscene_Support6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a table(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
  • Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
    • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ASiim Einfeldt aka Itpunk6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with A(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
        • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann6 Jan
          • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with APaul DuBois7 Jan
            • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann7 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
  • ColdFusion, Mysql and odbc<LD>6 Jan
    • Re: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcMiguel Angel Sol├│rzano6 Jan
      • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
    • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a tableDanny7 Jan