List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jason Nugent Date:January 6 2001 4:26pm
Subject:Re: picture storing on a table
View as plain text
You can use a blob datatype, which can be used to store binary data.  All you'd need is
for your script to print out the appropriate content-type for the image in question.

You could always create an app that let someone upload an image via a html form, and use a
CGI script to pull in the image and store it in the database.

You might want to think about how fast that would be, though, especially if you're storing
large images.  I needed a solution like this once and ended up just using a varchar field
to store the path to the image
in the database, and just stored the image itself on the server.  Easier on your database.

HTH,

Jason

--
--------------------------
Jason Nugent, BSc(hon)

Thread
picture storing on a tableTexscene_Support6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a table(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
  • Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
    • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ASiim Einfeldt aka Itpunk6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with A(Jason Nugent)6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AChadd Nervig6 Jan
        • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann6 Jan
          • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with APaul DuBois7 Jan
            • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with ABenjamin Pflugmann7 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
      • Re: Displaying Only Entrys Starting with AGustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios6 Jan
  • ColdFusion, Mysql and odbc<LD>6 Jan
    • Re: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcMiguel Angel Sol√≥rzano6 Jan
      • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
    • AW: ColdFusion, Mysql and odbcAeberli Reto6 Jan
  • Re: picture storing on a tableDanny7 Jan