List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 28 1999 7:42pm
Subject:MySQL win and MySQL linux
View as plain text
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Lott <chrisl@stripped> writes:

Chris> I am developing a small db generated site on Linux/PHP3/MySQL. The host is
Chris> uncomfortably distant. I have PHP/Apache on my Windoze NT box. If I install
Chris> MySQL for Win, could I comfortably develop a site that would transfer fairly
Chris> painlessly? I'm thinking particularly of the MySQL data... would it be as
Chris> simple as dumping it from my win machine and importing it directly to the
Chris> Linux machine and being done with it?

Hi!

Yes;  If you develop something with MySQL on Win32, you can very easy
move this to the Linux machine later (with mysqldump)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL win and MySQL linuxChris Lott18 Jun
  • Re: MySQL win and MySQL linuxSasha Pachev18 Jun
  • MySQL win and MySQL linuxMichael Widenius28 Jun