List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Treworgy Date:January 5 2001 2:12pm
Subject:Comment abount documentation comments
View as plain text
I have noticed a couple things. First, I am receiving copies of all the
user comments that appear in the MySQL documentation from the web site, as
they appear to be automatically forwarded to mysql@stripped. I would
prefer not to receive these. Is it possible to have them sent to a new,
separate mailing list?

Also, while this "user comment" section can be a tremendously useful
feature, it is obvious that it needs to be moderated.  Many of the user
comments are actually questions or FAQs which belong on this mailing list
and aren't relevant in the documentation where they appear (e.g. When are
subselects going to be supported?).

I don't know how the PHP people manage this on their web site, but the
quality of the user comments there are consistently very high and they are
always relevant.  The MySQL people should take whatever approach is taken
there, as the usefulness of this will quickly diminish as the documentation
fills up with converstation and questions, rather than useful and
informative comments.

Jamie

Thread
Comment abount documentation commentsJames Treworgy5 Jan
  • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsBasil Hussain5 Jan
    • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsCarsten H. Pedersen5 Jan
Re: Comment abount documentation commentsRichard Ellerbrock5 Jan
  • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsJames Treworgy5 Jan
    • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsJohn Cichy5 Jan
      • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsJames Treworgy5 Jan
    • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsRolf Hopkins6 Jan
      • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsMatt Wagner6 Jan
    • Re: Comment abount documentation commentsY.Shivakanth6 Jan