List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 2 2001 8:55pm
Subject:Re: DOS window on Win98
View as plain text
At 6:34 PM -0800 1/2/01, Malcolm Clark wrote:
>Is it possible to start the MySQL server without a visible application
>button in the taskbar. I'd like the server to run discretely in the
>background, so the layman
>user does not have the opportunity to maximize the DOS window and
>potentially shutdown the server.
>
>TIA

If you're on NT Server, you can install Mysql as a Service, which
will do exactly what you want. The instructions are in your
distribution, probably in the README.NT file or some such file
(sorry, I can't recall the exact instructions at the moment).

If you're on Win95/98, I don't think that's an option. Haven't used
either of those in a while, though.

-steve

+--- "They've got a cherry pie there, that'll kill ya" ------------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                               Computer Consultant |
| http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/                  http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |
+-------------------------------------- FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper ---+
Thread
DOS window on Win98Malcolm Clark2 Jan
  • Re: DOS window on Win98Steve Edberg2 Jan