List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:December 31 2000 11:57pm
Subject:Re: [DOCS COMMENT] Section 'Quick_install'
View as plain text
I have installed a number of versions on Linux, Solaris, and NT.  I have never had any
problem setting the root password -- right after the install.  Perhaps you have not read
the manual, Chapter 6, Section 12 carefully enough?

>The following comment was submitted to the MySQL Manual.
>      From: Cameron <not shown>
>     The installation as documented definitely does not
>     work.  There is no way to initialize the root
>     password.  "Please consider purchasing Official
>     MySQL Support" makes it clear what is really
>     going on here.  What a scam.
>Please check "" before
>posting. To request this thread, e-mail mysql-thread60311@stripped
>To unsubscribe, send a message to:
>     <>
>If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to
>the above address (Microsoft Outlook), you can use:

[DOCS COMMENT] Section 'Quick_install'mysql31 Dec
  • Re: [DOCS COMMENT] Section 'Quick_install'Christopher R. Jones1 Jan
Re: [DOCS COMMENT] Section 'Quick_install'Dennis Kent31 Dec