List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:March 19 1999 2:09pm
Subject:Re: Function keys and Linux
View as plain text
At 08:59 19/03/99 +0100, "Bo Brogård Lund" <bo@stripped> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Can it be true, that nobody knows the answer to the following question?
>
>I seem to recall that there was a way to setup and xterm so that you could
>map SQL commands to the function-keys i.e. 'show tables' to F1, 'SELECT *

I thought this was some obscure function of MySQL I didn't know about - in
fact it's nothing to do with MySQL.

You can change all the keymappings of an Xserver using xmodmap - but that
would affect all apllications. The alternative is to use the programmable
keys provided as part of the vt102 emulation. See
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal for more info.

Colin

Thread
Function keys and Linuxbo19 Mar
  • Re: Function keys and Linux\"Terrence W. Zellers\"19 Mar
  • Re: Function keys and LinuxColin McKinnon19 Mar
    • SV: Function keys and Linuxbo19 Mar