List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 29 2000 3:41am
Subject:Re: Row level locking
View as plain text
At 1:17 PM -0600 12/28/00, Mehalick, Richard RE SSI-GRAX wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone knew how the addition of row level locking by
>NuSphere will change how transactions are done now with the Berkeley DB?
>
>That is, will NuSphere still use the Berkeley DB and will any databases
>created with BDB tables still work?

BDB tables will be unchanged. The NuSphere work will add another
table handler, so the NuSphere tables and the BDB tables will be
different things.  (Much like BDB tables are different than MyISAM
tables now.)  I *believe* the NuSphere tables will have transaction
support, but I'm not sure how that support relates to the BDB work.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread