List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mills Date:December 28 2000 3:33pm
Subject:Bug in support-files/mysql.server
View as plain text
I'm running mysql-3.23.29-gamma under Solaris 2.6, and I notice that
the init script reports an error when I stop the server.  Here's a
trace that shows the problem:

# sh -x /etc/init.d/mysql-setup stop
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
+ export PATH
mode=stop
[...]
+ echo Killing mysqld with pid 19912
Killing mysqld with pid 19912
+ kill 19912
+ sleep 1
001228 08:54:10  mysqld ended

+ [ -s /usr/local/mysql/var/zaurak.pid -a  != aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ]
+ [ -s /usr/local/mysql/var/zaurak.pid ]
+ [ -n  ]
+ test -e /var/lock/subsys/mysql
/etc/init.d/mysql-setup: test: argument expected
#

The bug is that `-e filename' is not a valid primitive for the
shell's test command.  Changing it to `-f' should fix it.

Bug in support-files/mysql.servermills28 Dec
  • Re: Bug in support-files/mysql.serverSinisa Milivojevic28 Dec