List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Pasotto Date:December 28 2000 2:22pm
Subject:Re: New version of mysqlgui
View as plain text
On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 04:14:26PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> Rick Pasotto writes:
>  > On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 02:23:07PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
>  > This is where debian puts it and where it is:
>  >
>  > # This will be passed to all mysql clients
>  > [client]
>  > #password   = my_password
>  > port        = 3306
>  > socket      = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>  >
>  > srwxrwxrwx    1 mysql    mysql           0 Dec  9 21:19
> /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>  >
>  > Is mysqlgui hardcoded to /tmp?
>  >
>  > > Can you connect with mysql monitor program ??
>  >
>  > Yes, of course the server is running. I connect with mysql client and
>  > php has no problem. It's *only* mysqlgui that can't connect.
>
> Hi!
>
> Click on the  "Options" button, fill up all entries, including a value
> for the socket path and click on "Save".
>
> Then try to connect.

Thank you. That worked. All I changed was the user name. 'Apply' didn't
do it. I had to exit and restart.

I also had to create the ~/.guiclient directory.

--
"For the word 'we' is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens
to stone, & crushes all beneath it, & that which is white & that which
        • Re: New version of mysqlguiSinisa Milivojevic28 Dec
          • Re: New version of mysqlguiRick Pasotto28 Dec
        • ERD Softwarerui28 Dec