List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Pasotto Date:December 28 2000 1:55pm
Subject:Re: New version of mysqlgui
View as plain text
On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 02:23:07PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> Rick Pasotto writes:
>  > On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 08:06:49PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Hi!
>  > >
>  > > New version of mysqlgui, version 1.7.4 has hit our pages at the
>  > > usual place.
>  >
>  > I had this problem with a previous version but the response didn't
>  > enable me to run the program. I thought I'd try again.
>  >
>  > The problem is that mysqlgui gives the error message:
>  >
>  > Can't connect to local MYSQL server through socket '' (111)
>  >
>  > Previously I was told that the problem was that my.cnf was in
>  > /etc/mysql instead of in /etc so I made a hard link but that
>  > doesn't do any good.
>  >
>  > Does the fact that I am using the debian binary of mysql (which
>  > puts the config file in /etc/mysql) mean that I can't run mysqlgui
>  > until debian puts out a package? (I'd rather not compile mysql
>  > myself.)
>
> Hi!
>
> First check that a server is running.
>
> Next,  check where socket file is. If it is not int /tmp, then you
> have to set things in /etc/my.cnf properly so that any client program
> can connect to the server.

This is where debian puts it and where it is:

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password   = my_password
port        = 3306
socket      = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

srwxrwxrwx    1 mysql    mysql           0 Dec  9 21:19 /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Is mysqlgui hardcoded to /tmp?

> Can you connect with mysql monitor program ??

Yes, of course the server is running. I connect with mysql client and
php has no problem. It's *only* mysqlgui that can't connect.

--
"Capitalism is a social system based on the recognition of individual
rights, including property rights, in which all property is privately
        • Re: New version of mysqlguiSinisa Milivojevic28 Dec
          • Re: New version of mysqlguiRick Pasotto28 Dec
        • ERD Softwarerui28 Dec