List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Gerrard Date:June 27 1999 9:41pm
Subject:RE: mysql import/export abilities
View as plain text
Since I have only had the need to import data, that is all I can tell you
about.  For importing I refer to the MySQL Manual:

Some excerpts:

12.4 Importing data from text files

--fields-terminated-by=...
--fields-enclosed-by=...
--fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...
--fields-escaped-by=...
--fields-terminated-by=...
These options have the same meaning as the corresponding clauses for LOAD
DATA INFILE. See section 7.15 LOAD DATA INFILE syntax.

7.15 LOAD DATA INFILE syntax
LOAD DATA [LOCAL] INFILE 'file_name.txt' [REPLACE | IGNORE]
    INTO TABLE tbl_name
    [FIELDS
        [TERMINATED BY '\t']
        [OPTIONALLY] ENCLOSED BY "]
        [ESCAPED BY '\\' ]]
    [LINES TERMINATED BY '\n']
    [IGNORE number LINES]
    [(col_name,...)]

If you don't specify a FIELDS clause, the defaults are the same as if you
had written this:

FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t' ENCLOSED BY " ESCAPED BY '\\'

Hope this helps...

> Can MySQL import and export comma delimited text files?  If so, could you
> list the syntax please? :)  What I read in the online manual and from the
> archives suggests that MySQL only import / exports tab delimited
> files but I couldn't see anything to verify so I figured I'd ask here.

Thread
mysql import/export abilitiesEd Lazor28 Jun
  • RE: mysql import/export abilitiesBill Gerrard28 Jun