List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 26 1999 11:22pm
Subject:Re: Problems connecting to mysql server
View as plain text
CDitty wrote:

> No prob.  This is the only error that I am getting.
>
> DBI-connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server at w3t.pm line 270
> Can't connect to sql server. Reason: Can't connect to local MySQL server at
> w3t.pm line 270.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> CDitty
>
> At 05:45 PM 6/26/99 , you wrote:
> >CDitty wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello all.  I am new to the list.  Please forgive if this is an easy  or
> >> stupid question.  I am very new to mysql and I am having problems getting
> >> my script to connect to the mysql server.  I have verified that it is
> >> running.   The script is call wwwthreads. Any help is appreciated.
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> CDitty
> >>

> >Need more info. Please post a detailed report of all the messages you
> >are getting.
> >
> >--
> >Sasha Pachev
> >http://www.sashanet.com

Apparently your MySQL server is not running where your script thinks it
is running.

Post the line in the script that contains DBI->connect and a few lines
around it. If you are and a Unix shell and have GNU grep (this is the
case for Linux) you can find them with:

grep -10 "DBI->connect" <your_perl_script>

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com