List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 25 1999 9:03pm
Subject:Re: Sparc gcc 2.8 and longlong >> float
View as plain text
At 11:37 PM +0300 6/25/99, Plamen Petkov wrote:
>Hi,
>

>According to ./configure script ( 3.22.22 )  gcc 2.8 on 'some' sparc
>machines has a known bug in .... well its about longlong  ...
>something... wait a minute ...
>

>cat configure
>
>[snip]

>if test "$ac_cv_conv_longlong_to_float" != "yes"
>then
>  { echo "configure: error: Your compiler can't convert a longlong value
>to a float!
>If you are using gcc 2.8.# you should upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 or newer and
>try
>again" 1>&2; exit 1; };
>fi

>[/snip]
>

>and YES, my ISP has only gcc 2.8 and now i can't compile my mysql...
>
>is there a workaround for this ?? May I just comment out this test and
>go ahead safely ???

You may be able to comment it out, but you can't go ahead safely.  That
test is there for a reason (the reason being that gcc has a bug with
this particular type conversion).  If you insist on proceeding, you will
find yourself with mysteriously trashed floating point data in your tables.

Use egcs instead...if you can.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Sparc gcc 2.8 and longlong >> floatPlamen Petkov26 Jun