List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 25 1999 9:03pm
Subject:Re: Sparc gcc 2.8 and longlong >> float
View as plain text
At 11:37 PM +0300 6/25/99, Plamen Petkov wrote:
>According to ./configure script ( 3.22.22 )  gcc 2.8 on 'some' sparc
>machines has a known bug in .... well its about longlong  ...
>something... wait a minute ...
>cat configure
>if test "$ac_cv_conv_longlong_to_float" != "yes"
>  { echo "configure: error: Your compiler can't convert a longlong value
>to a float!
>If you are using gcc 2.8.# you should upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 or newer and
>again" 1>&2; exit 1; };
>and YES, my ISP has only gcc 2.8 and now i can't compile my mysql...
>is there a workaround for this ?? May I just comment out this test and
>go ahead safely ???

You may be able to comment it out, but you can't go ahead safely.  That
test is there for a reason (the reason being that gcc has a bug with
this particular type conversion).  If you insist on proceeding, you will
find yourself with mysteriously trashed floating point data in your tables.

Use egcs instead...if you can.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Northern League Chronicles:
Sparc gcc 2.8 and longlong >> floatPlamen Petkov26 Jun
  • Re: Sparc gcc 2.8 and longlong >> floatPaul DuBois26 Jun