List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 25 1999 10:41am
Subject:Re: need of administration ?
View as plain text
Julien CHATELLIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have an idea of the time needed for aministrating a MySQL
> databse. It would be a very small database (3  or 4 tables) with no
> relational queries.
> Would I have to take care of the database avery day, week, month ? Is there
> a way to do everything automatically ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Julien

Julien:

I have written a web-based time-tracking application with MySQL backend
that our company is using. It has about 5 tables. Since everything is
automated, I spend no more than 30 seconds a day on average maintaining
the database and the application - the time is needed to read mail from
cron that everything is cool.

There are two things that you really need to do after you have
everything set up: backup and isamchk your tables, that's all.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)