List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 19 1999 12:21pm
Subject:Experiences with mysql on Alpha Linux
View as plain text
>>>>> "John" == John Banks <john@stripped> writes:

John> Hi,
John>   Does anyone on this list have an experiences (good or bad) with using
John> mysql in a production environment on the Linux Alpha platform?
John>   We're currently moving servers over from FreeBSD/Intel and are having
John> a few problems with mysql hanging intermittently. I'm currently going
John> through upgrading kernel, egcs, glibc, linuxthreads & everthing else I
John> can think of to try and sort this...

John>          Thanks,
John>            John

John> --
John> ========     John Banks    -    john@stripped     ========

Hi!

The two problems on Linux-Alpha have been Linuxthreads and the
gcc 2.8.1 !

If you have a new glibc and use the following configure line, then it
should work:

CFLAGS="-O6 -mpentium -fomit-frame-pointer" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O6
-mpentium -fomit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
-with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --disable-shared

If not, please read the manual section 'Debugging mysql' to find out what
could be wrong.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxJohn Banks19 Mar
  • Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxMichael Widenius19 Mar
  • Re: Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxJohn Banks19 Mar
  • Re: Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxJohn Banks29 Mar
    • Re: Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxMichael Widenius29 Mar
  • Re: MySQL++ API HelpSinisa Milivojevic4 Jun
Re: Experiences with mysql on Alpha LinuxAnthony Rumble30 Mar