List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:June 25 1999 1:25pm
Subject:Re: Error 1054
View as plain text
Hi Chris, can you show us the query that generated the error? Having not
seen it, this may not apply, but I have seen this error when I forget to
quote a text string in a 'WHERE' clause, ie:

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE mytable.field=textstring;

instead of:

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE mytable.field='textstring';

In the first case, the error would be something like:

'Unknown column 'textstring' in 'mytable'

--Chris