List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 12 2000 10:18pm
Subject:Re: load data infile : special delimiters don't work ?
View as plain text
At 5:44 PM -0600 12/12/00, xgfan@stripped wrote:
>Hi Dear All,
>
>The following command dosen't work like I expected:
>--
>load data local infile 'data.dat' into table MYTABLE fields terminated
>by '\1' escaped by '\0' lines terminated by '\2';
>--
>
>In the file 'data.dat', there's some fields who contain
>free multilines texts, so I need special delimiters like
>byte 0x01, 0x02.
>
>Any idea ?

I don't see anything in the manual that leads me to believe that
'\1' or '\2' have any special meaning.  Try using 0x01 and 0x02
in your statement instead:

load data local infile 'data.dat' into table MYTABLE fields terminated
by 0x01 escaped by '\0' lines terminated by 0x02;

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread