List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Date:June 25 1999 9:32am
Subject:Re: mySQL Newsgroup?
View as plain text
>Sounds like an email client problem more that a mailinglist vs. newsgroup
>issue.
>
>A good email client such as mutt (www.mutt.org) for unix makes dealing with
>mailing lists trivial. IMHO, no Windows based email client is worth using
>when you have complex mail needs. One of the Windows clients that
>sucks less than normal is Pegasus (www.pegasus.usa.com) which I used to
>use before swithching to a combination of Mutt and Procmail on UNIX.

I use Eudora Pro for Mac to handle +150 messages a day. It checks and
processes mail for 7 accounts with no problems whatsoever. Eudora for
Windows has the same features, but it doesn't work as well for me as the
Mac version. I agree with you though that there are almost no clients
available on Windows that will satisfy the power user. Windows news clients
suck too BTW.

Just me 2c :)

Jonathan

--
UR Communications - Solutions for a wired world
Who, what & where @ http://www.ur.nl/

Thread
mySQL Newsgroup?Bill Hines23 Jun
  • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?(Paul D. Smith)23 Jun
  • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?Walter Reed24 Jun
    • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?Jonathan25 Jun
  • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?Tin Le24 Jun
    • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?Jonathan25 Jun
      • Re: mySQL Newsgroup?jonathan michaels27 Jun