List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 11 2000 3:07am
Subject:Re: how can i know available space in mysql
View as plain text
At 9:02 AM +0700 12/11/00, Pepen wrote:
>dear All,
>
>I'm newbie in MySql, i have mysql 3.2.xx running in openBsd,
>I want to know how much available space in mysql, how can I do that ?

In general, you can't.  However, if you know the file system on which
the MySQL data directory is located, you can run df from the shell to
see how much space is available on that file system.  For the general
case this may not mean much if you have databases located on various
file systems.

>and how can I backup my data in MySql, is there a file that contain the
>data
>in mysql ?

The mysqldump program is used to generate backups.  Try mysqldump --help
for information.  The mysqlhotcopy script may also be useful to you.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread