List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 24 1999 12:13pm
Subject:Re: connect to mysql server problem
View as plain text
Chris Blodgett wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am working on a C program to access our mysql server.  I'm using the C
> function real_connect.  I can connect to the server from a shell but when
> I try to connect with real_connect my program gets the error
> usr/lib/; Unresolved symbol:  floor (code) from
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/  and then it core dumps.
> When I take out the password from the user table in the database and then
> do a real_connect without a password it doesn't error.  I would appreciate
> any help on this problem.  Thank You,
>              Chris Blodgett
>              akira@stripped

What is this? I've just seen the exact same problem posted on another
list (uug-discuss@stripped), but from a different person, also from
BYU, though. Are you guys taking a database class and you instructor is
making you write mysql programs on an HP, or what? :-)

Here is the problem:

when you use the password, mysql client uses a function from the math
library ( floor). The dynamic linker tries to resolve it at run-time and
fails. Try either linking with -lm or linking statically. Josh ( this
other guy who posted the problem) says that HP cc bombs when you give it
-static, so you would have to read the manuals to see how you tell it to
link statically, or maybe someone knows right off the bat what the flag
should be.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
connect to mysql server problemChris Blodgett24 Jun
  • Re: connect to mysql server problemSasha Pachev24 Jun