List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 24 1999 11:11am
Subject:Re: question about mysql !
View as plain text
"L.F.Yeung" wrote:

> Dear sir:
>
>         How do you do ? Everything OK ?
>
>         Would you mind let me know what strong points of MySQL better
> than
> Interbase ?
>
>         What is the performance you can estimated if used Delphi 4.0
>         to access MySQL via ODBC ?
>
>         Does MySQL is easy to tuning the database ? I found Interbase is
> difficult to
>         tuning the database.
>

> Regards

Never heard of Interbase, but one thing I can say - MySQL is great!

The difficulty of configuring MySQL depends on your ability to read
manuals and follow instructions, and your general understanding of the
operating system you are working on.

Performance will depend on a lot factors, but in many instances it is
better than $$$ databases (Oracle, Informix, Sybase).

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)