List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 24 1999 3:27pm
Subject:Re: Bug? Report
View as plain text
At 5:08 PM -0400 6/24/99, Technische Dienst wrote:
>Hey there,
>
>I didn't include any bug script info etc. cuz I don't think it's
>relevant in this case. If it is please let me know and I'll get it.
>
>Anyways here's my bug.
>
>create table a (MyNum int(5) zerofill not null primary key);
>gives me: Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00) sec and the table is created.
>
>now if the drop the table and change the sequence? a lil like this:
>create table a (MyNum int(5) not null zerofill primary key);
>gives me: ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
>'zerofill primary key)' at line 1.
>
>it also does this without the primary key, so i think it's safe to
>say that if you give zerofill before not null it will work but if
>you do not null first and then zerofill you get an error.

That's correct.  You can't put the keywords in just any order and
expect it to work.  Check the CREATE TABLE section in the MySQL
reference manual, the syntax disallows your second statement.

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Reference.html#CREATE_TABLE

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Bug? ReportTechnische Dienst24 Jun