List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 1:36pm
Subject:Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements
View as plain text
"Paul D. Smith" wrote:

> %% Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:
>
>   sp> A few negative comments about HP-UX. I was in the process of
>   sp> installing GCC on HP-UX 10.10 and discovered that HP gives you a
>   sp> stripped down cc compiler unless you buy a separate package. This
>   sp> stupid lame cc cannot handle ANSI prototypes, and dies compiling
>   sp> bison! LAMERS! If someone made me code such a lame compiler I
>   sp> would quit the company immediately even before I had found another
>   sp> job! Needless to say, HP-UX will be at the bottom of my list,
>   sp> maybe only a few points higher than NT, when I recommend a
>   sp> hardware/software solution.
>
> This is quite common among UNIX vendors these days.  SunOS 4.x never
> came with anything but an old K&R C compiler.  Solaris (SunOS 5.x+)
> doesn't come with _any_ C compiler at all, not even a K&R one.  AIX is
> similar, IIRC.
>
> No problem, though; GCC exists.

But you have to find a GCC binary somewhere that is compatible with your
version of the OS! Or at least something that can compile GCC.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker10 Jun
  • mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsMichael Widenius10 Jun
    • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsSasha Pachev23 Jun
        • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements(Paul D. Smith)23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsSasha Pachev24 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements(Paul D. Smith)24 Jun
      • Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysSasha Pachev24 Jun
        • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysPatrick Greenwell24 Jun
          • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysSasha Pachev24 Jun
            • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysPatrick Greenwell24 Jun
          • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big Guysathompso24 Jun
        • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysUnknown Sender24 Jun
RE: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysJohn Foley24 Jun
  • concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?chas29 Jun
    • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Suresh Rajagopalan29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Jon Drukman29 Jun
        • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Suresh Rajagopalan29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Scott Hess29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Vivek Khera29 Jun
    • RE: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Kelly Yancey29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Karl Pielorz1 Jul
        • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Don Read1 Jul
          • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?chas7 Jul
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysFred Lindberg24 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysDerick H Siddoway24 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysKevin Ying25 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysDerick H Siddoway28 Jun
Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Nazar7 Jul