List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 12:43pm
Subject:Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements
View as plain text
> Well, after many tries and much pulling of hair, it still doens't quite
> work.  Essentially, if I compile using the '--with-debug' flag, it it
> works just fine.  If I use the '--without-debug flag', it does not work
> (with the same errors as above).  The build envrionment is the same for
> each build with that single exception.  Finally, I did edit the
> readline/Makefile to use '-O2' instead of '-O6' as per the documentation.
>
> So I have two questions:
>   1.  What can I do to help someone track this down and fix it?  ;)
>   2.  How much of preformance hit will I get using the debug version?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> --
> Jesse Becker  --  jesse@stripped

A few negative comments about HP-UX. I was in the process of installing
GCC on HP-UX 10.10 and discovered that HP gives you a stripped down cc
compiler unless you buy a separate package. This stupid lame cc cannot
handle ANSI prototypes, and dies compiling bison! LAMERS! If someone
made me code such a lame compiler I would quit the company immediately
even before I had found another job! Needless to say, HP-UX will be at
the bottom of my list, maybe only a few points higher than NT, when I
recommend a hardware/software solution.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker10 Jun
  • mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsMichael Widenius10 Jun
    • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsSasha Pachev23 Jun
        • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsJesse Becker23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements(Paul D. Smith)23 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statementsSasha Pachev24 Jun
      • Re: mysql_install_db fails on initial SQL statements(Paul D. Smith)24 Jun
      • Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysSasha Pachev24 Jun
        • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysPatrick Greenwell24 Jun
          • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysSasha Pachev24 Jun
            • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysPatrick Greenwell24 Jun
          • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big Guysathompso24 Jun
        • Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysUnknown Sender24 Jun
RE: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysJohn Foley24 Jun
  • concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?chas29 Jun
    • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Suresh Rajagopalan29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Jon Drukman29 Jun
        • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Suresh Rajagopalan29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Scott Hess29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Vivek Khera29 Jun
    • RE: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Kelly Yancey29 Jun
      • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Karl Pielorz1 Jul
        • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Don Read1 Jul
          • Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?chas7 Jul
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysFred Lindberg24 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysDerick H Siddoway24 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysKevin Ying25 Jun
Re: Intel+BSD/Linux vs the Big GuysDerick H Siddoway28 Jun
Re: concerns running MySQL on FreeBSD ?Nazar7 Jul