List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 11:36am
Subject:Re: Yellow Page Setup
View as plain text
Sean Hynes wrote:
> Hello,
> I am creating a Yellow Page system for many cities. I don't have a lot of
> mysql experience so some pointers would be much appreciated.
> Lets say there are 500 cities and there will be 100 listings per city.
> Is it better to have one table with all entries , searchable by category or
> is it better to have a table for each city?

I would prefer separate tables. Even if you do not have a lot of data,
and can get decent perfomance by putting everying into one table, having
to deal with several tables will make you design/code a better scalable
application .

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Export to text?Robert Pruitt23 Jun
  • Yellow Page SetupSean Hynes23 Jun
    • Re: Yellow Page SetupSasha Pachev23 Jun
      • Re: Yellow Page SetupErik Liljencrantz23 Jun
        • Re: Yellow Page SetupSean Hynes24 Jun
      • Re: Yellow Page SetupSasha Pachev24 Jun
    • Re: Yellow Page SetupBrian Moon24 Jun
Re: Export to text?Kevin Smith23 Jun