List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 11:32am
Subject:Re: MySQL under HP-UX problems
View as plain text
Ralf Kraudelt wrote:

> Hello list,
> here is my problem:
> under HP-UX MySQL runs very instable. MySQL compiled with HP's
> cc and DCE threads crashes for instance, when a fork test from the tests
> directory is interrupted. A database compiled with gcc 2.8.1 and MIT
> threads doesn't crash here, but running the fork test and creating a new
> database with mysqladmin crashes the server. This problem occurs also with
> the binary distribution for HP-UX.
> How to solve, how to help??
> Regards,
> Ralf Kraudelt

If you asked me, get a Pentium/AMD K-6 whatever you can afford, install
Linux, install MySQL, move your tables and you are in business. Will
cost you less (time + hardware itself) than messing with HP-UX, and will
work out a lot better in terms of stability and support. More people run
MySQL on Linux than on HP, so your questions will be answered quicker.

If that is not an option - reproduce the crash and post with mysqlbug,
then we'll go from there.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)