List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 11:25am
Subject:Re: Problem with C API in mysql version 3.21.33b
View as plain text
April Escamilla wrote:

> >First try:
> >cc -o mysql_test mysql_test.c -L/u/april/mysql -lmysqlclient
>
>     Tried that -- same error as I stated in the original email.  Actually,
> my original email had a typo.  I typed " -llibmysqlclient" instead of what I
> had been testing " -lmysqlclient"  Sorry about the confusion with that.
>
> >Then:
> >cc -static -o mysql_test mysql_test.c -L/u/april/mysql -lmysqlclient
>
>     This command doesn't work -- it says it doesn't understand the -a tic
> command.  On our cc compiler, this command:
>
>     cc -o -static mysql_test mysql_test.c -L/u/april/mysql -lmysqlclient
>
> gives me an error saying "i386ld values-Xa.o fatal:Can't open file
> mysql_test for input".  The man cc had nothing regarding the static option.
>
> >If the latter works, but not the former then your complier was trying to
> >link shared libs and they couldn't be found.
>
>     Any thoughts if they both fail?
>
> April

-static should go to the end of the command line, or somewhere where it
does not mess up the argument to your -o switch, but that is not the
problem.

From what we have seen, it looks like you have some mysteriously
misconfigured system - SCO Unix - right?  Don't know about you, but I
really hate to be on a misconfigured system without root access and
authorization to reconfigure it the way I like. Anyway, I remember the
last time we stopped at the point where we needed to run cc with an
verbose argument to the linker. I've never gotten that advanced on SCO,
so you will need to figure out the following:

- How do you make cc pass an argument to the linker?
- How do you tell the linker (ld) to be verbose?

man cc
man ld

Should give you the answer.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
Re: Problem with C API in mysql version 3.21.33bApril Escamilla23 Jun
  • Re: Problem with C API in mysql version 3.21.33bSasha Pachev23 Jun
Re: Problem with C API in mysql version 3.21.33bApril Escamilla26 Jun