List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 23 1999 11:12am
Subject:Re: SunOS install troubles
View as plain text
"Alexander I. Barkov" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install mysql-3.22.23b on
> SunOS 5.6 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
>
> configure script fails. This is the tail of
> its output:
>
> checking DEC threads... no
> checking DEC 3.2 threads... no
> checking SCO threads... no
> checking SCO UnixWare7 native threads... no
> checking Siemens threads... no
> checking Solaris threads... yes
> checking named thread libs:... -lpthread -lthread
> checking for strtok_r in -lpthread... yes
> checking for strtok_r... yes
> checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
> checking for restartable system calls... configure: error:
> can not run test program while cross compiling
>
> What is the problem? Could anybody help me please?
>
> Thaks!

tail -30 configure.log

This will show you the source of the C program that did not compile or
segfaulted after it was compiled. Copy and paste in the file, compile it
with the same switches, run if it compiles, then mess with your system
setup until it compiles and runs, then rm config.cache and try again.

You are probably missing some libraries, or they are corrupted.

There is a binary that will work on SunOS 5.6, ( it is called
solaris-2.6 blah-blah-blah - oops, not a very good thing to say in
Russian, but this is English :-) )

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)