List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 24 2000 2:37am
Subject:Re: SELECTING a database
View as plain text
At 4:22 PM -0800 11/23/00, sj c wrote:
>Hi, how do I select a particular database?  The manual
>says
>
>mysql your-database-name
>
>at command line, but I tried
>
>mysql> mysql your-database-name
>
>and mysql>your-database-name
>

>None worked. Can someone please help me?

Neither of those commands are "at the command line".  "The command line"
means you type the command to your shell:

% mysql your-database-name

(assuming your shell prompte is %).  Once you get in, mysql presents
a "mysql>" prompt.

You can select a database at the mysql> prompt with USE db_name

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread