List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 23 2000 3:50am
Subject:Re: 0 is not a MySQL link index
View as plain text
At 5:07 PM +0100 11/22/00, Theo Richel wrote:
>I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me what the following message
>means? Thanks in advance, Theo Richel
>
>-----------------------
>Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in
>/www/richel/brokenlink/verander/insert.php3 on line 65
>-----------------------
>
>Here below follows the text of 'insert.php3

[snipped]

Your question is a FAQ, and the answer is in the PHP FAQ:

http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#7.12

However, I think you may find it difficult to apply the information
that you'll find there, because resolving the question relies on
reasonable error checking.

There is a complete lack of error checking in your script.  From a
cursory examination of it, I don't see a single MySQL call for which
you've checked the result to see whether or not it's failed.  The error
message you're getting is just the symptom.  I'd advise changing your
programming style to make your code more defensive: check every call
that can fail to see whether or not it succeeded.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread