List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:November 22 2000 10:04pm
Subject:RE: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)
View as plain text
M-x shell (thats, meta-char, x, shell<return>; alt-x shell <return>,
esc-x-s-h-e-l-l-enter ...)

 then mysql -uwhomever -pwhatever ...

Alternately, in direct answer to the specific question,  how about:

   mysql -uyourname -ppassword -e"show tables" dbname > your.file

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Phil Labonte wrote:

> ok, how do I redirect the output to another application or file?

| Copyright 2000 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|   If this were really my signature, you couldn't read it anyway.        |

Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Phil Labonte22 Nov
  • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Terrence W. Zellers22 Nov
    • RE: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Phil Labonte22 Nov
      • RE: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Terrence W. Zellers22 Nov
        • RE: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Phil Labonte22 Nov
          • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Benjamin Pflugmann22 Nov
    • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Robert Alexander22 Nov
  • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Carsten H. Pedersen23 Nov
  • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Clive Smart23 Nov
  • Re: Too much info for the screen (dumb question I know)Tonu Samuel23 Nov