List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bogomolnyi Constantin Date:November 18 2000 1:10pm
Subject:Re: Load balancing queries?
View as plain text
Hi ,
I have done this on pretty big web cluster ,
10 pc , where 6 statics and 4 dyns . I have an
Mysql Master on a separate machine and 1 replication instance on
each dyn (you can put them on separates machines if you want )

So for my http load balancing i'm using an Alteon (nice but pain in the ass
to make it work) now I prefer Foundry solutions .

And here comes mysq load balancing .
I have resolved this by a very simple trick . All my scripts are using the
same API to acces the database , and in this api I check the type of
the submited query , if it is an select i just send it to localhost , else
(update insert delete ) i send them to the master .
This works neat for me  .
And it allows me to make the difference between tables in the query
(not all tables are replicated) so i can tune this in my api and
not brother all developers with this .
The SqlApi is quite trivial , so i don't post it here , if you want i can
post it to you directly .

Hope this helps .
Best
CB