List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Read Date:March 19 1999 8:50am
Subject:Re: Writing to mysql as NOBODY
View as plain text
At 12:17 PM 3/19/99 +0500, Faisal Nasim wrote:
>hi guyz,
>
>I have a little problem, on my Linux Redhat 5.1, I can use mysql,
>mysqladmin etc. I can also append, read etc values via a Perl
>script (via telnet), but when I call the same script from the web,
>it doesn't work. I think it is running as NOBODY and mysql won't
>permit nobody to write into the database!
>
>Any ideas? Alternatives? Solutions?

(lame) run the query with mysql -u user -pPassword

(better) give 'nobody' a login to the database, and a home directory to
read the .my.cnf file from (but leave an invalid shell).

Don Read                               sysop@stripped
EDP Manager                                dread@stripped
Calcasieu Lumber Co.                             Austin TX
- There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Thread
Writing to mysql as NOBODYFaisal Nasim19 Mar
  • Re: Writing to mysql as NOBODYDon Read19 Mar