List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 15 2000 7:07pm
Subject:mysqlimport does not keep case of filename
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ellerbrock <richarde@stripped> writes:

Richard> Using mysqlimport on a WinNT machine to connect to MySQL running on a Linux
> RedHat machine - Both versions are 3.23.20. Sorry for not using MySQL bug script, but this
> is a problem for me on NT.
Richard> mysqlimport -p -L -h xxx.eskom.co.za --fields-terminated-by=, -u realsecure
> realsecure EventData.csv
Richard> Enter password: ********
Richard> mysqlimport: Error: Table 'realsecure.eventdata' doesn't exist, when using
> table
Richard> : eventdata

Richard> The filename which translates to the tablename under NT is silently converted
> to lowercase. Unix is case sensitive and this causes the table not to be found. The case
> of the tablename should be preserved.

On NT the mysqld variable 'lower_case_table_names' is set by
default.  If this variable is set, all table names is converted to
lower case when the table is created (to avoid problems with table
names).

If you put in your [mysqld] section in your C:\winnt\my.cnf file, the
follwing entry:

[mysqld]
set-variable lower_case_table_names=0

You can avoid the above problem.

Richard> While we are with mysqlimport, the help screen has the following line:

Richard>   -d, --delete          Deletes first all rows from table.

Richard> This is incorrect English. The correct term should be "First delete all rows
> from table."

Fixed. ; Thanks!

Richard> --
Richard> Richard Ellerbrock
Richard> richarde@stripped

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Can Mysql use JOIN in UPDATE statements?(Brandon Shuey)19 Mar
  • Re: Can Mysql use JOIN in UPDATE statements?Thimble Smith19 Mar
    • Re: Can Mysql use JOIN in UPDATE statements?Thimble Smith19 Mar
  • mysqlimport does not keep case of filenameMichael Widenius15 Nov