List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 22 1999 10:59am
Subject:Re: Errcode: 99
View as plain text
Martin Kiely wrote:

> I have access to a mysql database on a vitual server provided by the
> hosting company.
>
> For two years I've experienced no problems, but recently experiencing
> all type of problems adding, modifying and deleting tables.
>
> I get the following error messages:
>
> mysql> drop table member;
> ERROR 2000: Error on delete of './sciart/member.ISD' (Errcode: 99)

perror 99
Cannot assign requested address

That's a weird one, sounds like some problem with memory mapping, but I
am not sure.

>  [9:25am]# mysql -uUSER -p sciart < images.table.dat
> ERROR 2000 at line 10: Can't change size of file (Errcode: 28)

perror 28
No space left on device

Looks like they are out of disk space. The previous error  could be
related.

If your ISP is maintaining MySQL, it is their responsibility to fix this
stuff. Otherwise, they should give you shell access to the machine and
you can run all kinds of diagnostics to see what's going on.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)