List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:November 7 2000 9:51pm
Subject:Re: Accessing mySQL remotely
View as plain text
     Check the access for the user in the host, user, and db tables
("mysql" catalog).  The Host column for the user in question needs to
be consistant for the user and database in question and the connecting
host must be represented (whether by name or globally via '%') in all
three tables.

    If this doesn't pan out, BSD has a rep for tighter security than
the Linux I'm used to, hence the question are there any default controls
on the port from the OS?

                                                           -- TWZ

| Copyright 2000 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|   If this were really my signature, you couldn't read it anyway.        |