List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 21 1999 10:42am
Subject:Re: Keyword Search
View as plain text
"Naveen Yawanarajah (GTP)" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to search a database using a keyword type search facility under
> the C
> API. I have a string variable containing the words to be looked for. The
> words typically on exist in one field of a table.. I know I can easily copy
> the contents
> of the field to another string variable and search it by writing C code,
> but is there any way of doing keyword searches in SQL itself?
> Naveen

Could you be more specific?

If you are talking about searching for a substring in a char or text
field, you need LIKE ( WHERE str LIKE '%stuff%').

If you are looking for something else, please explain it in more detail.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Keyword SearchGTP)21 Jun
  • Re: Keyword SearchSasha Pachev21 Jun