List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 28 2000 6:00pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.26 released
View as plain text
Hi!

Dan> Will there be a production release or will it just stay a beta.
Dan> Dan Pelton

The 3.23.x branch is now a freezed feature wise;  We are now only
going to fix bugs and minor issues in this;  If there isn't found any
fatal bugs within a couple of weeks in the current code we will
make a -gamma release followed by a non-prefixed-release when the
-gamma has been out a for a while.

The 3.23 branch seems to very stable now and many users already uses
this is production systems.  MySQL only follows a more strict rules
than most other software projects in how we define -alpha, -beta,
-gamma and release.  Many users may find this confusing, but we think
our way produces better quality release in the long run.

Regards,
Monty
Thread