List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 28 2000 10:56pm
Subject:Illustration to my previous mail
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hello mysql,
Peter> [root@samson /root]# mysqladmin processlist | grep -v Sleep
Peter>
> +------+-------+---------------+---------+---------+-------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Peter> | Id   | User  | Host          | db      | Command | Time  | State
>  | Info
Peter>
> +------+-------+---------------+---------+---------+-------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Peter> | 3    | titan | mars.local    | counter | Query   | 10    | closing tables
>  | INSERT INTO st50.g00hits
> (counter_id,visitor_id,page_id,referer_page_id,browser_id,display_id,option |
Peter> | 2001 | root  | localhost     | st50    | Query   | 9     | Flushing tables
>  | flush tables st50.g00hits
Peter> As you see here after flushing of the table which has a lot of not
Peter> flushed keyblocks (with delay_key_writes=1) has been started, after
Peter> that even really quick query, which just finds one row by a key takes
Peter> much time.

Peter> Well. Hope this problem also will be resolved by new keycache patch.

Most of this will be fixed with the key cache patch, but unfortunately
not everything;  Your example shows that we will still have a problem
with how tables are closed with flush-tables.  We have to plan a
little of how to get this problem solved nicely (This is however much
easier than the key cache problem)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Illustration to my previous mailPeter Zaitsev27 Oct
  • Illustration to my previous mailMichael Widenius4 Nov