List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Pflugmann Date:November 3 2000 10:24pm
Subject:Re: MySQL/PostgreSQL discrepancy
View as plain text
Hallo.

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 04:00:41PM -0500, tim@stripped wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:51:42PM +0900, Ken Smith wrote:
> > I sent the following message to the PostgreSQL mailing list and got
> > three responses.  Each one points to the same point in the standard
> > which contradicts behavior I have seen when using MySQL.  Please let me
> > know if you disagree with their assertions.  I am not subscribed to this
> > list so please cc my personal email address in your correspondence.
>
> Yes, it looks like MySQL does the wrong thing here.  It's a bug
> that we'll need to fix.  I expect it won't be fixed in 3.23, but
> I could be wrong.
>
> Thanks for pointing it out!

Note that this is already known and documented (in the "known bugs and
design deficiences" section of the fine manual).

Bye,

        Benjamin.

[...]
Thread
MYSQL TOPThe Urchin18 Mar
  • Re: MySQL/PostgreSQL discrepancyBenjamin Pflugmann4 Nov
  • Re: MySQL/PostgreSQL discrepancyMichael Widenius4 Nov
Re: MYSQL TOPThomas Wana18 Mar
Re: MYSQL TOPAdam Powell18 Mar