List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 19 1999 2:09am
Subject:Re: Transfer table structures among databases?
View as plain text
The main question:  Is there an easy (e.g., semi-automated) way to
transfer table structures from one database on one system to another
database on another system?  When I was still working with PowerHouse
(from Cognos), there was a way to export the structure of a data
table to a file that could be executed on the destination system and
it would re-create everything you needed.  I'd love to find that kind
of functionality with MySQL!  :-)

The secondary question:  I've seen the MySQL manual and some tutorials,
but is there a FAQ?  Is there any interest in a "knowledge-base-ish"
interactive FAQ that would allow browsing and searching?  I have
something in mind (and a place to host it!), but I don't want to
waste / duplicate effort.

(1) Look at mysqldump.

(2) Look at the manual page - it's got lots of FAQ-type stuff in it.  I also
think that someone on the list is working on a more formal FAQ.

Thread
Transfer table structures among databases?S. Whitmore19 Mar
  • Re: Transfer table structures among databases?Alistair MacDonald21 Mar
Re: Transfer table structures among databases?Ed Carp19 Mar