List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan michaels Date:March 19 1999 1:53am
Subject:beginners resource and an introduction -- a bit long, sorry
View as plain text
all,

a question if i may, would somebody recomend, a book or books
for begining sql (mysql in particular) database building and
using .. sort of like a primer and or a care and feeding guide,
sort of things, please.

also a bit over due but i suppose i need to say this as well.

i've been reading and browsing a litle while now, the list
seems to be quite a knowledgable place to be, congratualtions
to all who have made it like this, all teh best for teh future.
i hope to be able to contribute to this in same small way, i
hope.

i suppose i'd better introduce myself, apart from say that my
name is jonathan michaels and that i am an invalid pensioner
currently residing in sydney australia thier isn't all that much
to say. other than in a previous life i was a systems analyst
and tinkered a lot with databases and information retrieval
systems and data mangling in general. i;m using an asortment od
intel based hardware, some new some old, very old, all running
various incarnations of freebsd and (very) shortly, i hope a new
beos v4 and or v4.1

my life can be described thusly ... then, one morning some 8
years ago i woke up and hand no recolection of a previous life
or how i had gotten to where i was .. it was a really freightn
expericence, but i knew it was all thier somewhere, but where.

you will notice some er funny spellings, i suffer with
dsylexia, i also have some neurological difficulties that make
reading writng (and typing) very hard. most spelling checkers
make a dsylexed text far worse that it starts out, so i no
longeruse a spelling checker. because, if i cant read what i've
written, thier is no point .. if you can understand that one.

one other thing, i suffer with chronic, intractible sever pain
caused my sever arthritis .. sometimes my responces may seem to
be "short" and or "punchy", this is because of my pain levels
and not as a method of provocation or getting snotty over an
email .. i m reasobably well tmpered .. living with sever,
untreatble pain fro over 40 years does that to/for a person.

well that all thier is to this jonathan michaels, a singularly
unremarkable person ... well ok, i've survived, grin.

regards

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445 Australia

Thread
beginners resource and an introduction -- a bit long, sorryjonathan michaels19 Mar