List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:October 28 2000 4:08am
Subject:Localhost and connect script?
View as plain text
I've just had an interesting event happen to my server.  After 60 days
of great performance with Apache and Mysql - All of a sudden no one
could access any of the databases through the web sites.  I checked and
Apache was working fine and Mysql was running and I ran queries from the
command line.  Now, some of my scripts connect to the databases with the
name of the server.  As soon as I changed the connect scripts to
localhost everything worked great.  I'm confused - this happened to me
last year on a different server.  Any insight on this.  Guess I will
stick to localhost from now on.
This is at a university and I wonder if it was a network related issue
or does Mysql simply forget the server name?

Thanks,

Douglas

Thread
Localhost and connect script?Douglas Brantz28 Oct
  • Re: Localhost and connect script?Gerald L. Clark30 Oct
  • Re: Localhost and connect script?Greg Cope30 Oct