List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:October 24 2000 9:08pm
Subject:Re: Trouble linking with libmysqlclient.a
View as plain text

CK> gcc -I/usr/local/mysql/include -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -o
CK> demo demo.c

CK> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to demo
CK> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
CK> *** Error code 1

CK> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The "cc" command line is defined to be scanned once, left to right.
Try going thru that process mentally and see what happens.  Libraries
are scanned to only pull out what is needed from them at the time they
are scanned.
Thread
Trouble linking with libmysqlclient.aCameron Kay24 Oct
  • Re: Trouble linking with libmysqlclient.aVivek Khera24 Oct